Re: [ihc] Holley projection help

Matt,

Did you buy this system new?

This is the 2D with the knobs on the box, right?

Do you have the Oxygen sensor on your system?

Are all the grounds wired grounds?

Never use chassis ground with this system, it is
sensitive to ground resistance.  But that probably
doesn't cause this.

What fuel pressure do you have at the throttle body?

The best way to check this is to temporarily plumb in
a small pressure gauge from the hardware store.  It
should be between 10 and 14 pounds.  I've got mine set
toward the low end.  Holley told me that if the
pressure is too low, it will run really bad, the spray
pattern goes to pot and the fuel doesn't atomize well.

On the cold stutter:
Does the stutter go away when the engine is thoroughly
warmed up?
If you have the Oxygen sensor the system will bring it
on at a coolant temperature of 75 deg F.  This is too
cold for the 345.  The O2 sensor leans it out thinking
the engine is warm enough.  Not true on a 345.
Probably nothing you can do about this with the 2D
system.

Steve