Re: [ihc] no IH content, but fun--

----- Original Message -----
From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
To: "Ted Borck" <tborck@domain.elided>
Cc: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:30
Subject: RE: [ihc] no IH content, but fun--

> But I'd sure like to see the off-rail highway configuration that Greg is
> talking about. I'll keep looking... If there is a trucking company
involved,
> it would sure make some good PR, wouldn't it? (assuming no mishaps along
the
> way!)
>
> John A.

When we needed to get our 727 moved, a towing company agreed to do it fairly
cheap because of the PR.

Of course, they saw the dang Ford commercial where they tow an airplane and
it lifts off behind them and the truck pulls it like it's not even there.
So what do they show up with?  An F350 dually.   Let's just say they did a
good job of making themselves look like idiots...  8 hours later they got it
moved, with the third truck they tried, which was a twin screw big truck
wrecker.

Not many companies can claim they hauled that big of a load.  I'm sure
they'll be proud of it, even if they just post a picture of it in the
office.

Seems like matching the power output of the trucks would be interesting to
figure out....

-Ryan

---