RE: [ihc] no IH content, but fun--

Seems like matching the power output of the trucks would be interesting
figure out....

-Ryan

The back one is probably not hooked up to the rest of the rig.  I'll bet
is just comes up from behind on hills and pushes.
That is my understanding of how this is done when pulling outrageous
loads long distances with two trucks.  I've seen two trucks side by side
but only at low speeds, eg. Moving buildings across town.

Have you ever watched earthmoving scrapers in a borrow pit?  The have a
bumper on the back that lines up with a "stinger" on the front of a D-9
"Push Cat".  I tried running a push cat one summer during college.
Failed miserably.  The scraper operators were ready to either quit, or
wring my neck for snapping theirs.  I'm not a very good dancer either
BTW.  My instinct was to push the clutch and let off the accelerator if
I was coming up on them too fast.  Anybody who has run a dozer can
figure out what happened there <g>.  I was demoted back to the bobcat
and a packer when there was no bobcat work.  Whew!

IH content: That was the first summer I owned an IH.  '67 800, and
buried it in the jobsite only once, in the rain, no top, no wipers, no
raincoat, rest of the crew was already gone.

Ed