RE: [ihc] (TIP) Anyone's tail/lift gate latches squeak

Tom:

We want details.  All of them!

The tailgate squeaks:

1) Are the T-all latches same as on the Scout/Terra/Traveler? (Gotta be
right?  IH was pretty consistent amongst all lines.)

2) You put the shrink tubing on the "fork" on the gate or on the post on the
body?

3) Does anyone know if there is a replacement (I know we've discussed this
before) for the Traveler hatch seal gasket somewhere?

4) Does anyone know of a good reference on how to deal with (as in make work
correctly) the latching mechanism itself on a Terra tailgate/Traveler
liftgate?  On mine, the lock doesn't prevent the mechanism from working,
even in the lock position and with a good jerk on the gate, you can get that
mechanism to let the "forks" rotate and release pretty easily.

The copper exhaust gaskets

1) 3/4" pipe "unrolled" created a sufficiently large enough piece of copper
to cut out the gasket?

2) What thickness of pipe wall tubing were you using?  "L" or "M"?

I'm seeing expanded applications of this low tech solution to simple
problems.  I love this kind of stuff.

Tom H., '76 Traveler