RE: [ihc] (TIP) Anyone's tail/lift gate latches squeak

Hello David,

After using these for a month and a half here are my results. On my original
installation I used a hair dryer to shrink the tube and it was not hot
enough. So I ended up redoing 3 of the latches with a butane lighter to
shrink them. Since then no problems.

I am very happy with the results, but I would expect to redo the tubes every
3 to 6 months depending on the roads you drive. I have 1.5 miles of dirt
drive way with a steep wash boarded hill so it takes a lot of pounding.

The submersible well pump splice kits are found near the electrical supplies
at the ACE store I went to. Just ask the helpful hardware ma..er..person.

There are LOTS of other sources for squeaks and rattles in the tail/lift
gates. I've gotten mine silent (no kidding it is possible) and the Scout
sounds and rides solid. If you or anyone else is interested I'll go over the
whole process.

Tom Reed