RE: [ihc] new travelall

I'll throw in my $.02 ahead of Ed:

>1) Where do you keep all of those vehicles and not have some neighbor or
>regulatory body after you?

Strategically parked so that no one viewing angle reveals more than a few
trucks. We're about 1/4 mile from the highway, which helps. We're also on
the flank of a hill, another benny. Having a 12' tall hedge along one side
of the shop doesn't hurt.

Fortunately SLO county can't afford to fund an 'enhanced' code enforcement,
so everything's complaint based. My next door neighbor has as much junk as I
do(mostly windmills), so they're out. The other neighbors are pretty 'live
and let live', plus they know better than to mess with an unbalanced
individual ;)

>2) Do you insure the operational ones to drive?  If so, how can you afford
>that?

I keep 3 trucks insured currently, about $600 total annually. Cost of
playing and having a backup vehicle.

>3) How do you deal with your extended family that can't understand why
you'd
>have all those vehicles and constantly has to comment/harass you about it?

They know better and accept that I'm *eccentric*. Having a reputation as
being a wee bit cantankerous doesn't hurt.

>4) How do you balance find the time (and probably money too, since they
seem
>to be inversely correlated) to fool with those on top of work, household
>repairs/needs, family life?

Define balance. :) Ya just make do. Push comes to shove, ya don't sleep!

Jim