Re[2]: [ihc] new travelall

Jim or Ginger Aos wrote:

>> There's a problem with the aux tank as it will not supply full fuel
>> flow.  It will cruise on the flats or downhills but stalls out on
>> uphills or any other full throttle use(which is rather often when
>> trying to maintain 55 mph in a WY headwind).
JoGA> That sounds like a restriction, ( a collapsing  flexible line, or maybe a
JoGA> hidden separate dirty filter, ) I've even had cracked lines on the suction
JoGA> side of the pump do that.  Cheers Jim A.

That was my thoughts exactly, though some other info has be thinking it
may be sucking air vs a restriction.  There's is some history with this
aux tank dating back to 1976 when the original tank fell off the
vehicle while being driven on the highway.  I have the owner's letter
to IH about this unnerving event.

Also, with engine running, the aux tank does not leak but there is a
hint of fuel smell from the area.  After engine shutdown, a drip
occurs.  Source from the top of the tank about midships.  I will have
to drop the tank to have a look.  There is a receipt from the '97
where this was done to attempt to find the source of the fuel
smell(must've not been leaking at the time), but the recepit states no
problems were found...

Ken