Re: [ihc] Travelall question

Dan Nees wrote:

On this Travelall, it is a 75, with the set-back engine. On both front
engine mounts (these are the dogbone mounts I've hear so much about?)
there is some sort of hook, hooked around the dog bone and they run
through the frame and are bolted. Kinda like a stabilizer. The one side
is a 3/8" turnbuckle and the other side just looks like a 3/8 threaded
'J' hook. I'm guessing when they changed the motor they couldn't get the
mounts into the right spot, so they used these to pull them into
location. Unless these are stock items.
74/75 use side mounts. Should be about mid-ship on the engine block on either side.

It's a "sandwich" kind of isolator, NOT the dogbone shaped FRONT mounts used on earlier trucks.

What engine, again? Is it possible they swapped in an earlier engine (pre 74, like a non-IC 392?) that lacked the correct side engine mounts bosses, so they "fabbed" something up?

Should be some pictures of how it SHOULD be here:

http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=6