Re: [ihc] About those parking brakes ..... and government interference....

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>

> I'm moving out to live with Willie. Of course, I will want Wyoming to
> expand all its services etc. as has happened here in Calaveras County.
> Folks move here to get away from it all, and then pressure local
> government to get all they left here too.
>
> John

That happens a lot here, too. As a general rule, we send the instigators
back to California with shoe prints on their back pockets.

Regarding the other thread about the licensing of vehicles and hassles from
the zoning inspector, the county ordinance here is that "vehicles shall
appear operable." Nothing about being licensed.

The inspectors have tried to flamboozle me with that one, but I have waited
until they try, get them to commit to a position, and then pull out a copy
(available on line) of the zoning ordinances. Reactions vary, but the
changes of expression are a sight to behold.

The dump truck and school bus in my driveway look operable, as does the
1200C and whatever I tend to park behind it. The stuff I have piled on the
bed and stuffed inside the bus are...exempt.

The 1200A and the B120 look okay.
The scouts are hanging in there.
The 1100C and the 1200B are looking good.
An occasional visit from a daughter or a friend with a scout tend to add
flavor to the mix.
The engines and transmissions and transfer cases, the engine hoist, and the
miscellaneous parts and pieces ARE a code violation, but they're really hard
to see from the street. Besides, they have to give you time to move them,
and I'm always moving them...around.

Maybe I should live in a larger house. This 1200 square foot tract house
just doesn't quite seem big enough.

-Allan