Re: Reply: Further [ihc] A question...

Ted Borck wrote:

Anyone know why John Comer runs Dana 30 drum brakes on the front of Gryphin?

http://www.gryphinracing.com/gspec.htm

I'm sure he has good reason, but with estimated 750 hp, you'd think disks would be better (on all four wheels).

A drum brake Dana 30 is lighter than a disc Dana 44, and has less parasitic drag.

Discs are only needed for something like a "road race" application.. Gryphin drag races, and Ice races. Brakes are used to stop after a drag race, and I don't think Mr.C uses the whoa pedal when ice racing. :)