RE: [ihc] About those parking brakes .....

In other news, Barrett has announced that if CA passes the legislation that
would outlaw their .50 caliber rifle in California, they will stop *all*
support of CA law enforcement agencies from new firearms to parts.  Since
Barrett is the only producer for parts for a lot of those agencies rifles
and pistols (IIRC there were some pistols on the list), that could have some
severe repercussions.

Ryan:

The "governator" already signed that bill, along with another one that
stopped the "30 year roll forward" for the SMOG Check II program.  So now,
you can't buy a Barrett 50 cal in California (God knows that the terrorists
would just use one to blow up and oil refinery, you know?) AND my Scout must
continue to be Smog checked biennially.  Before, it would have only had to
pass one more check in 2006, then no more.  And, I could have avoided that
one by "non-opearting" registering it in late 2006 and then bringing it back
to operation in 2007.

That coincided with the legislation you've probably read about that was also
signed:  The requirement for reduction in "greenhouse" gas emissions by
autos.  Basic chemistry tells us that the only way to reduce carbon dioxide
emissions from an internal combustion engine is to reduce the fuel (a
hydrocarbon) feed into it in the first place...............So, there is
going to be less combustion.

Now, how does a stock, 196 ci 4 cyl compare to my stock, 304 V-8 in a three
ton, IH behemoth again?

The next legislation that will be introduced related to all things IH, will
be to change the SMOG Check program to an annual affair.  Those ARB
regulators just can't get over themselves fast enough to save us all from
the impending doom they see.

Tom H. '76 Traveler