RE: [ihc] Joel's 4.25" Backspacing

Pete:

May I ask why you chose to go with the 16" wheels and tires?

I considered doing the same thing when I acquired some new wheels.  I
figured the 16" were becoming so popular and I could get the same overall
diameter or better than a 31/10.50/15 in various widths (other than just
10.50).  I checked a few tire website size specs to confirm this.  And, I
checked availability of 16" wheels with the 5" on 5.5" lug pattern.

I finally decided to stay with 15" wheels and the LT flotation sized tires,
mostly for economic reasons.  The 16" tires (and wheels IIRC) were 10%-20%
more than the good old 10.50/15s.  And, there were other options in the 15"
sizes as well.  Thus, I couldn't see any real advantage to going to 16"
wheels and tires.

But, your reference makes me wonder if I missed something.

Tom H., '87 Traveler