RE: [ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #626

That's the distance between the inside rim of the wheel, and the hub
mounting surface. If you laid a wheel on its side, outside rim down, and
laid a straight edge across the "top" (inside rim), then measured down to
one of the lug bolt holes, that would be the backspace dimension. Not to be
confused with offset, which is the distance and relationship (+, 0, or -)
between the centerline of the wheel, and the mounting surface.

I hope someone else chimes in on this. I see my answer is about as clear as
mud...

> --
> John Timon
>
>      Unix like TeePee no windows, no gates, Apache inside.

That's pretty funny.

John A.