From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of joel
brodsky
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:37 PM
To: ihc@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #626

Brian,
I run 33-1250-15s on 15x10 with 4.25" backspacing and
they don't rub unless I'm hitting something with the
tire ie. curb, rocks, cliff wall, etc.

with only 2.75 inches of backspacing you'll have 2/3
of the wheel outside of the bearing and with 35s
you'll be putting a heckuva load onthe bearings front
and rear.  Ouch.  My bet is that you'll be servicing
bearing about eery 2 years or so.  I have 4" springs
and 2" extended shackles, but the springs are more
like 5".  When I measure the truck, it comes out about
8" higher, after the urethane bushings too.

I'm running this setup on a Traveler and a Scout II, 33-1250-15s, 4.25"
backspacing 15x10s, 4-5" springs, 2"+ extended shackles.

hope it helps...

JoelB