RE: RE:[ihc] About those Allisons

Scouts have emergency brakes?????  I didn't know that.
 Mine has a pedal but it has no discernable effect in
reverse, just a tad in forward.

I know my brakes are fine for driving that's not a
problem.

One problem with the Scout e brakes are the direction
changes that the cable makes over a nice large steel
fairleads.  90 deg change of direction, both cables.

I've often thought that if thaose fairleads were
replaced with pulleys, or some other way to guide the
cable, it might work.  Both my Ford trucks have
basically the same arrangement, the only thing they
lack is that 90 degree change of direction for a bare
steel cable over a plain steel fairlead.

Steve