Re: [ihc] transmission lines

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, John Hofstetter wrote:

On Sep 20, 2004, at 8:13 AM, Tom Harais wrote:

You can buy the tubing from an auto parts store. You'll need a good tubing
bender and, you'll need a double flaring tool to make the required flares in
the tubing ends. Cheap benders or double flaring tools don't work well and
are a waste of money.

Tom,

I don't think transmission lines require a double flare. I certainly wouldn't bother with double flaring those lines.
Considering the difficulty of making some of the tight bends (esp on the trans side), if the damage was to the straight runs, I'd consider keeping the ends and splicing in new tubing.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided