Re: [ihc] HOLY PRICE MARKUP BATMAN... IH CXT on ebay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Welty" <rwelty@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 20:00
Subject: Re: [ihc] HOLY PRICE MARKUP BATMAN... IH CXT on ebay

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:44:32 -0500 Ryan Moore <baradium@domain.elided>
wrote:
> > I'm assuming the reason it's higher than the list price for that model
is
> > the idea of getting one a lot sooner than everyone else...
>
> quite.
>
> the fact that someone is trying to get that for one right now is no
suprise,
> really. what will be interesting is to see how long that sort of markup
> lasts.
>
> richard

I remember that this happened when the superduty fords came out.  And a lot
of dealers wouldn't even talk to you about  a truck they had in stock unless
you were willing to pay well above MSRP.  At least that's what my dad's
friend found out when he tried to get one.  He ended up getting one, just
had to wait a while (becuase he wasn't willing to pay that much).  The
formerly nice dealer in the area is where he got his, they don't price gouge
like that, but they couldn't keep them so it didn't matter.  Unfortunately,
recently they were bought out and from what I hear they are just like the
other dealers now.

-Ryan

---