Re: [ihc] HOLY PRICE MARKUP BATMAN... IH CXT on ebay

----- Original Message -----
From: "mark stegmann" <truckdriver_1977@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 18:51
Subject: [ihc] HOLY PRICE MARKUP BATMAN... IH CXT on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2490061267&category=63742

> Check it out kids. $115K & no bids, says reserve not
> met... and it's an International dealer selling it!!
> Either they're hopiong for people to be stupid(List is
> from $93K to like 98 or 100k), or there's actaully a
> high demand for them, which i doubt.  I still think
> they're too big/tall to be useful for anything, except
> running over people who cut you off.  8)
>
> If the link doesn't work for you, it's ebay item #
> 2490061267.
>

> Mark

Fully equipped (like this one is advertised as ) list for around $115 if I
read the article correctly, base of 93 doesn't have the DVD, dump bed, etc.

As far as demand goes... they are the talk of the Ag Department here...  So
a lot of the larger farmers etc might actually like to have one.

Also, there are other areas that might go after it.   You go to the tractor
shows and the guys spend at least that much on a truck to pull a trailer
with tractors, being able to have one that's an all wheel drive pickup able
to haul the same load for the same price might be attractive to them.

I'm assuming the reason it's higher than the list price for that model is
the idea of getting one a lot sooner than everyone else...

-Ryan

---