Reply: [ihc] Need rear step bumper, Ivan Further

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided wrote:

Digesters,Ted, Ryan, Jim G, Hofs and all who sent personal messages, thank
you for your concern.

Its been a rough few days, but we made it through. We now have power after
having none since the storm, and the cleanup begins. Our damage is minimal.
<snip>

From 20 to 100 miles east of us, the devastation is incredible. Up until the turn eastward at landfall, the storm eye was on track to pass right over my house. Instead of the 130+ mph eyewall winds we expected, we "only" got 80 to 100 mph winds.
Glad everything turned out as well as it did, and your power is back on this soon.

Having ducked (luck really) 3 major hurricanes this year, and waiting to see what Jeanne does (currently projected to cut a full circle east of the Bahamas, then head due west), still have hurricane shutters on majority of my windows.

IMHO, hurricane survival is 80% prep & 20% luck.

As you were with Ivan, I was fortunate enough to be spared the main fury of Charley in Englewood, (higher winds speed, but much smaller in size) by a sudden change in direction. How close was Charley? The eye passed 30 miles south of me, with a devastation path of approx 15 miles north and south of the eye.

How big was Ivan? You have massive devastation up to 100 miles away.

IHC content:

I need a step type receiver bumper for my current Scout II project.

Anyone know of one for sale?

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided