-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stephens [mailto:mrsquid_underway@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 8:05 AM

> Dallas is very zoned. But you're getting warm...

Hmmmm......... I was sure I had heard it was not. I've been to Dallas a few
times in my life, but never really "been there". Was always fly in, deal
with business, fly out. Never and touring or spending time while I was
there.

Didn't Milton Freidman write on of his many works about how economic forces

I know that historically, all major cities were built, unintentionally
perhaps, on rivers or bays due to their access to water transportation:
Rome, Athens, Paris, Berlin, New York, Detroit, etc. Later, at least here
in the west, access to railroad was a driving force in the building of
cities.