Re: [ihc] Further Wish us luck with IVAN

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Ryan Moore wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: <DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided>

I'd like to encourage you to consider a vacation to TN for the week.

Jeanne? Please, Ryan, one storm at a time.

Yeah, they just aren't stopping this year are they?

Here's a 10 meter sea buoy which broadcasts Gulf of Mexico weather and sea conditions located 260 NM south of Panama City, FL.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42003

Wind speed is presently 52 Kts with gusts, wave height is 36 ft.

There is also a Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/plot_wind_pres.php?station=42003&uom=E

Over the past 5 days, the wind speed has gone up, and the barometric pressure has gone down.

Wonder if it will continue to broadcast through the hurricane.

IHC content: Last week I was glad my new scout project was still in Georgia and not in Florida, now I'm not so sure.

But I think Ivan will landfall in Mississippi or Louisiana.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided