Re: [ihc] Wish us luck with IVAN

In a message dated 9/14/2004 5:19:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
baradium@domain.elided writes:

> This storm is varying so much, maybe it'll change.   There was a guy in one
> of my classes today who swears it's going to hit Texas.  I do suspect he was
> a few coins short of a dollar though...

I hope the guy is right!

> It currently is a strong Cat 4, but who knows what will happen in the
> gulf... I was under the impression that the waters in the gulf were a
> feeding ground for hurricanes.

Correct!

> BTW, I was under the impression that you guys were currently under mandatory
> evacuation orders?
>
> And Tropical storm Jeanne is making her way towards the continental US.  Not
> a worry for you Mike, but might be for floridians and those on the east
> coast.
>
> "Meanwhile, a new tropical storm, Jeanne, has formed in the northern Lesser
> Antilles. Hurricane warnings are now in effect for Puerto Rico and the
> Virgin Islands. Jeanne is expected to strengthen as it churns toward the
> WNW, probably swirling over Puerto Rico on Wednesday, then moving just north
> of Hispaniola Thursday and Thursday night."
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

Yes, the GOV just issued a MANDATORY EVAC for all parties south of I-10, but
I am only 1/2 mile south of that arbitrary line so we will defy the powers
that be and stay here in our fortress. 4 year old brick, solidly built, and the
proper precautions have been taken. 20 miles from the coast, so the surge wont
hurt us.

How much better can it be 1/2 mile from here? ~ : I

Jeanne? Please, Ryan, one storm at a time.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/