http://inmanfarm.com/hd.php

Well, I might not make Nats this year, but I can make *one* show at least.

Inman Farm days are host to a Red Power Round up hosted by IHCC GA Chapter
#29.

It's really a great show, a lot of IH tractors as well as the other old
makes (Allis, MM etc) as well as some light lines (last time I went there
was also an R170 fire truck).  I'm planning to bring out the ugly diesel
traveler as well as the '78 gasser (can you believe that one of my coworkers
asked me about the "pretty scout" the other day? she wanted to know when
I'll bring it back).  It's only a mile down the road, so I'd love to bring
out Mac's B182 as well, but I don't quite have it ready enough (to move more
than 5mph under it's own power that is).

The large steam tractor visible on the above link is always neat to see
puttering around.  It's a 20 HP Aultman Taylor, so I'm really anxious to see
the 110HP Case tractor that I just saw is supposed to come this year!

There is even an IH Thresher that is operatated every year using those long
leather belts hooked to a tractor.  The gotten gin and saw mill are also
neat to see.  It's really a great event for the whole family and an
opportunity to go to an event and see some IH's without it being just an IH
event.  A lot of arts and crafts etc and activities too.  Opportunity to try
your hand at a two man cross cut saw etc.  Also a lot of stationary engines.

The event is going from friday through sunday, but saturday is the busiest
day.  Not all the exhibitors can get there first thing friday (some don't
arrive until saturday) and not all exhibitors can stay sunday.  Of course,
the big stuff tends to be there all three days.

Parking and admission are both 100% free and there  is free camping
availible on site.

BTW, the Minters (they own the farm) are the original owners of a KB-5 which
they try to have out there with the other trucks (they don't always, if it's
down for something mechanical though it's bound to be nearby where you can
still take a peak at it).  Last time I went there was also a very very
pretty KB-7 there.  The folks with the '75 pickup that at least used to win
nationals every year come from Savannah when they can too.

If you come and bring an IH (or any other old vehicle, my brother will
display his '72 chevy pickup if he comes up from savannah), you can display
it (hey, it also means parking in the show even after the close parking
fills up ;) ), but you'll need to tell the parking guy's that you're a
display so they'll let you by.  They used to run out of vehicle display
parking by mid day on saturday, but they might have given us more space now.
I see it as a good opportunity to spread the word that IH didn't just make
farm equipment ;)

I believe there's easily enough stuff to spend a full day at least wandering
around.  I'll be there all weekend and will try to remember to stick my cell
phone number on the placard on the trucks so anyone who decides to come by
can give me a ring.  (if you do plan to come, you can let me know directly
too).

Thanks,
Ryan

---