Re: [ihc] Lift Results & What Shocks?

Peter Shubin wrote:

What is the torque spec on the spring to axle U bolts?
80-100lbs-ft comes to mind.

looking for a stock or stiffer replacement.  Has anyone with a 4 inch
suspension lift found shocks to be the limiting factor in axle movement?
They typically limit droop.

The old body lift I installed with the engine swap gave me the room to move
shock mounts to install longer shocks but I see no need to do it if the
springs won't allow axle movement to take advantage of the longer shock
travel.
I suppose spring condition and driving style has a lot to do with whether you find the stock shock mounts particularly limiting.