[ihc] Scout 800A throwout bearing

Hi, Binders. I had the plastic flywheel cover off my 800A, today. I am
trying to see why the clutch needs constant adjustment to keep from
dragging. I noticed that the collar behind the throwout bearing, the one
with the groove in it, that the release fork rides in, had a pin through
it to keep it from rotating. The pin runs fore and aft, through the sides
of the groove, and stops against the release fork. This doesn't seem right
to me. It seems like that collar should be free to rotate, so the release
fork doesn't contact the same spots on the collar all the time. Can anyone
tell me whether or not this is the OEM setup? This Scout has been dinked
with by POs, to the point where I don't know what's stock, and what's not.
I also noticed that the pads on the release fork, that ride in the the
collar, are worn pretty badly. can these be built up by welding?
This Scout has a 152, and T-90, in it, that someone swapped in somewhere
along the way.
Thanks.
Tom Anderson
'77 Scout II