[ihc] Teds flashlight, hurricane Frances

From: Ted Borck <tborck@domain.elided>
=snipi=
Here in the semi-tropical paradise of Miami, FL, we get a lot of power
outages; due to the numerous 40 ft palm trees dropping fronds on power
lines. Why do people plant them that close to power lines? - Cause they
look good - especially when there is no electricity.

IAE, we keep a flashlight in a certain place on a bookcase in the center
of the house. When the lights go out - it's handy to know *exactly* where
to go to and reach an emergency source of light.

House guests are advised of the reason and location of the flashlight.

=snipqe=

Ted,
I hope you didnt/dont need that flashlight. Sending all kinds of good
thoughts your way from here in south Alabama where it now seems that we dodged the
bullet, for the time being anyway. Ivan may bear watching.

Look on the bright side. A lot less of those pesky 40 foot tall palms around
now. :~)

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/