RE: [ihc] Coded Paint

I have copied the page out of the price book from 1972 explaining how the
special paint worked when sending in an order for an IH.

http://www.fone.net/~rvar/pics/paintorder.jpg

The code 6020 on my Travelall was apparently picked from the CT-399 colors
referenced on these instructions.  My uncle said he picked the color from a
large book of paint colors they had when he ordered it.  I worked at a NAPA
store thru the 1980's and was able to mix the correct color for some touchup
work we did.  At that time we had a 4 or 5 page booklet, no color chips,
only IH codes to Martin-Senour paint number.  The 6020 code was in that
booklet and it was the correct color.  I have often wished I'd have thought
ahead enough to have copied that booklet and kept it.

Kurt