[ihc] frozen clutch?

Friends, I am very close to getting my 800a back on the road. Through lack of time (and faulty brakes and leaking gas tanks, and...), it has been sitting in my driveway for two years. I fixed the brakes and the fuel problems, and I have been steadily troubleshooting electrical gremlins. Last weekend I started it up with the intention of driving it around to test the brakes and such, and I found out the clutch is frozen. I can rev match the tranny into gear, but cannot disengage via the clutch. I talked to some old-timers who counseled me to put the rear up on jackstands, put it in gear, start it up, slam on the brakes to stall it, then depress the clutch and it should pop free. Well....no. I tried that a bunch of times, even letting it run in hopes that the engine heat and vibration would work it loose. I have heard another option is to point it down a stretch of deserted road and drive it until it breaks loose. Since I live in the middle of town at the bottom of a steep hill, that option is out. Ideas?

Bill Wisser
1970 800a 304 4spd