Re[2]: [ihc] ebay alert! B series Travelall in NorCal/Nevada

John M. Adams wrote:

JMA> No, no, no, no... Ken, my '67 begs to differ. Also, my '64, rest its soul.
JMA> The sixties styling is the best. The "Z" trim is OK, except that it lends a
JMA> "mismatch" quality to the B series, like the top was set down on the bottom
JMA> of another vehicle. The later lines don't look *droopy*; they look
JMA> streamlined compared to the blockiness of the B. The sixties T'Alls are
JMA> sleek, yet strong. Wasp-like, yet solid. They look like they were built to
JMA> go fast, uphill, carrying load. They are, in a word, BEAUTIFUL.

Ah, but the Z trim of the B series has the front fender trim flowing
gracefully right onto the body, without hiccup.  Whereas the later
trim has that little bump right where the trim kicks up off the front
fender to match the line along the body, incongruous to me.

The taillights of the '61-up have slid down and out to form a wide and
low waist when viewed from the rear.

And there's the charm of the three door vs four door.

hehe...

Ken