[ihc] DUMB Question! Which spark plug?

>Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From: mark stegmann <truckdriver_1977@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] DUMB Question! Which spark plug?

>I know I know, I do have this written down, but I
>can't find it! Which plug? Can't remember which
>Autolite #.  I've ran ACs, and want to try something
>different.

Autolite 85's are an extended reach plug that match the OEM Champion R/RJ
8/10(obs)/12 Y/YC with a heat range equivalent to the RJ12YC. Autolite 303's
are not extended reach, and are mis-spec'd in the Autolite application info.
There are some anecdotal reports of engines(392's IIRC) that ping with 85's
but not with 303's, I suspect that those engines have other issues that the
303's 'tune around'.

Jim