[ihc] Hot under the collar

>Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:59:29 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Steven Stegmann <steve.stegmann@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: [ihc] Hot under the collar.

>Dan,

>I'd also drain the oil and see if there is any coolant down there.
Probably isn't but...

Based on my recent experience, I'd say it's *very* likely there's coolant in
the oil. Once the head gasket's compromised, you have an 8 cylinder vacuum
pump ;). I started draining as soon as I started disassembly, and poured in
fresh before startup(note on the windshield in between!). Another oil change
after the first test drive to flush any junk I broke loose taking it apart.

Jim