[ihc] Re: NEW SCOUT Truck from INTERNATIONAL being studied

Yes, the title is correct: "New Scout Truck from International being
studied" I never thought i would ever be able to say those words, but it is  true!
The company's Truck Group Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Dan
Lindberg stated recently that International Truck and Engine Corp has a plan to
execute a bold growth strategy which includes improvements in diesel engine
sales, Medium and bus sales, Servere service vehicle sales, the introduction of  a
new class 8 truck (line haul) - the first new class 8 LH truck International
truck in more than 20 years by 2006, to find a new customer for the v6
diesel,  secure business with the Military (SmarTruck III - replacement of the
humvee)  and generate sales for its new CF (low cab forward) truck. With these
goals met  the company would then have the financial strength to look at
reintroducing the  "Scout truck" at some point in the future.

For a company like this to  have such goal at the end of this strategy is
amazing and means that they  recognize after all these years that there is a
market here for them to exploit.  I must believe they must have taken notice of
our efforts to keep the original  Scout and Scout II along with the
Pickup/Travelall light line products alive and  well. Every Scout/Light Line owner today
should be proud and take pride in the  fact that these vehicles are still
around and that there may be a new product  available for us in the future because
of the fact that IH built this legacy by  building products that just will not
die and have had such a loyal following for  all of this time.

Our annual parade from the IH Scout and Light Truck  Nationals to the
Springfield International Truck plant this September may have a  new meaning this
year, as the company may be watching and looking at our fine  vehicles a little
closer this year. Many may wish to write International in  support of this bold
plan and I will advise and post an address for this purpose  sometime in the
near future. A new Scout in every driveway! Sounds great doesn't  it?

John Glancy
SLL,SSS,NATS'04,IHCC