Re: [ihc] Re: NEW SCOUT Truck from INTERNATIONAL being studied

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:59:59 EDT, suprscout@domain.elided <suprscout@domain.elided> wrote:
> Yes, the title is correct: "New Scout Truck from International being
> studied" I never thought i would ever be able to say those words, but it is  true!
> The company's Truck Group Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Dan
> Lindberg stated recently that International Truck and Engine Corp has a plan to
> execute a bold growth strategy which includes improvements in diesel engine
> sales, Medium and bus sales, Servere service vehicle sales, the introduction of  a
> new class 8 truck (line haul) - the first new class 8 LH truck International
> truck in more than 20 years by 2006, to find a new customer for the v6
> diesel,  secure business with the Military (SmarTruck III - replacement of the
> humvee)  and generate sales for its new CF (low cab forward) truck. With these
> goals met  the company would then have the financial strength to look at
> reintroducing the  "Scout truck" at some point in the future.

<cut>

First, I'm excited about the news, and may have to back off from my
"I'll never buy a new vehicle" position.  But it obviously way too
early to think about specific issues, what we'd like to see, etc.  I
don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but....

The big question here is what sort of timeline are we looking at?  If
they introduce "the first new class 8 LH truck International truck in
more than 20 years by 2006" how long after that until they can even
LOOK at reintroducing the Scout.  And how long after looking at it
until they actually implement it?

Again, great news, I'm just tickled about it.  But I've got a feeling
we won't be buying anything until 2010.

Dave