Re: [ihc] Re: Hastings low oil pressure tip links

I am glad someone here is astute enough to look for it online.  I do have a xerox of the booklet, and was going to scan it, but it would take me a couple days to make it happen.  I look online for a lot of things, but I still refer to books that I have read, and usually refer folks to the same, rather than electronic sources.  There is a lot of good info in that, and you will probably find other things pertaining to your other cars/trucks.
-Colin Rush

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:57:54 -0600
From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: [ihc] Re: Hastings low oil pressure tip

Thanks, Kurt. Appreciate the links.

Regarding the first one, on oil pressure: I understand what the "oil
filter
base gasket" is, but what is the "crankcase filter mounting pad"?
Are they
talking about the base of the oil filter, that bolts to the case, with that
gasket in between? (I can't tell from the picture...) When they say "Low
oil
pressure on 4-152, 196, V-266, 304 and 345 International engines could be
caused by the use of oil filter base gasket, International part # 860 363-R4
on early crankcases in the above listed engines.", it makes me want to
understand the flaw in the gasket design, and use a different one, not tap
and plug the return drain hole to the oil pan.

I'm not getting this... Is it because I'm stupid, or does it not make sense?

Thanks for any help...

John A.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!