[ihc] oil pan threads

Anyone have some advice on how to repair shot oil pan threads?  I've already
tried using an oversized-piggyback plug, but I can't get them to go in
straight and seal against the pan.  I'm considering drilling out the threads
and tapping new ones, but it seems that material might be too thin to tap
new threads?  Is this something that a machine shop could repair somehow?
What's the best advice for fixing this prob?