Re: [ihc] block in demand?

At 7:58 PM 8/18/04, s cordingley wrote:
>hey my father picked up a good sized engine block, I saw it and knew it
>wasn't a chevy but it was a big block of some kind. either way after a
>month of searching, and taking it to mechanics, I finally got a answer,
>its a international block, I think its the 348? if theres a 348. either
>way how much can these blocks go for?
>
>the block has no ridge on the cylinders so it must of been in the process
>of being rebuilt, it is a little rusty, to bring it back to life I think
>it just needs to be dipped for a week, to destroy all the rust and clean
>out the water jackets.
>
>thanks for any info: oh and the number is 442402Cl its in the lifter
>gallery and on the driver's side of the block.

The number sure sounds like it's IH. If it's an IH SV-8, there's a pad on
the forward part of the right bank, a little ways below the deck surface
for the head that will have the displacement and serial number stamped on
it, displacement above serial number. As in : V-345 or V-345E / xxxxx if it
is, in fact, a 345 . (No 348's)

The four sizes were 266/304/345/392 . Stock bores: 266 = 3-5/8"; 304 & 345
= 3-7/8" ; 392 = 4-1/8".

Bore center spacing on the SV's is very close to 4-7/8".

Greg