Re: [ihc] diesel trucks

Two things to remember about letting the engine run.
1) If the bearings are already up and floating, you'll
do a lot more damage with a restart than with 30 min
of idling (assuming the thing won't overheat in 30 min
of idling).  Research indicates that 90% of all wear
inside an engine occurs during the startup cycle.
Makes me wonder about the hybrid gas/electric cars
which shut their engines off at stop signs.

2) These diesels do not burn much fuel when idling,
really way less than a 3 litre gas engine.

For reason 1) I do frequently leave them running, even
with gas engines.  Especially if it really hot or
cold.  I really hate to turn off the A/C.

Steve