Re: [ihc] diesel trucks

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Ted Borck wrote:

> Just had hurricane Charley miss me to the south by 30 (as the crow flies)
> miles.  (Englewood, on the west coast of Florida)

We didn't get missed (north-northeast of Orlando in Geneva), but the house
and the truck were spared.  Got the 4 "important" cars squeezed into the
shop..  Lots of trees down.

> Is there a *real* reason for this - or are these guys playing "big diesel
> powered truck like the big rigs" drivers?

I drove a PowerStroke dually around town for a few days some years ago
(just after the F1/250 body change but the F350 still had the old body) to
and from the shop I worked for.

I found it was /definitly/ possible to kill the batteries with a bunch of
stop/starts (after 4 or so it was noticable) without much driving in
between.

Beyond that, I bet they just wanted to keep the AC running! :)

And for IHC content...the B-130 is fine, the shop didn't have anything
land on it. ('66 VW Westy, '03 Mini Cooper S, the '60 B-130, and the '04
Jetta Wagon were all in there)  Another tree fell on the tractor, but no
damage this time.

The truck still has a random case of hicups...I drove it in to the office
Sunday (after power was restored to the office. we'll be on the gen set at
the house for a while) and all was fine.  But later when I had to drive in
again, it seemed to be randomly starving for fuel...I turned it around and
took it home.  It's done this a few times now.

Anyway.

Back to work.

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html