Re: [ihc] Octane selection

On Aug 16, 2004, at 9:10 AM, David Raistrick wrote:

As far as gas vs propane...hard call. You'll get more kw/h out of x
amount of gas then you will propane...You have to store more propane then
you would gas. And gas is easier to find/fill often times.
Propane stored for long periods is the same as when it was put into the storage tank. Gasoline, on the other hand, especially today's gasoline, deteriorates and gets nasty very quickly.

I empty the fuel tanks on my mower, chain saw, and trimmers about once a month if I haven't emptied them in use. (Hmm, does that sentence make any sense? Anyway, I try not to let the gas get old.)

I empty the Propane tank every Winter unless we're down in the desert. <g>

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs