[ihc] RE: 800 4 speed

>Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:54:50 -0600
>From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] RE: ihc-digest V7 #579

>I have the '67 Scout 800, with the 196, T-14 / Warner T-90 3 speed, and
Dana
>20 T/C. I have an opportunity to get a 4 speed that was in a '79 Scout II
>behind either a 304, or 345 (unknown, but was a V-8, he says). The question
>is: would this tranny work in my setup without massive modifications? Would
>I need a new bell housing? Will the D20 bolt up? I'm assuming this is the
>T-19, or T-19A (?), but I haven't seen it yet. (Were there other 4 speeds
in
>'79?) Pardon the ignorance... just wondering if I should follow up on this,
>or let it go. I don't want a 4 speed so bad that I'll take on a complicated
>project just now, but if it's *easy*... Thanks for any help, ~John A.

'79 is T-19, either 'wide' or 'close'. It will bolt up(with its bellhousing)
to a 196, but in an 800 it will sit at a 15deg. tilt and the shifter will be
*way* further back than stock. Tranny mount needs relocated as well. It has
been done, but the proper T-18 w/bellhousing compensates for the tilt of the
motor and is a bunch shorter.

Jim