RE: [ihc] B model 4x4 in Wyoming cheap (Ebay)

## >> At that time, the half ton models did not come with 4x4. That
## >> changed in the
## >> C series.

according to the Crismon book, the B series operator's manual,
advertisements reprinted in the Color Catalog, and every other source i've
ever read or heard about, 4x4 in the B series wasn't available in anything
but the B120 (3/4-ton) for light trucks, and only in B140 and B160 (strict
*NO* on 4x4 for the B150, B170, and B180) in the heavier trucks.  all models
of the BC (160, 170, 180), the immediate precursor to the Loadstar, were
available in all wheel drive, including the BCF (three axle) 170 and 180
models.

then there was the BC1890 and BCF1890, both of which were available in all
wheel drive.

## >> Buy it if you can.

Allan is right on the money.  buy this truck if you can.  i've got two B
series trucks myself, a 1960 B122 (with the addition of 1966 1500A axles and
rear springs) 114" WB, and a 1962 B182 129" WB.  the B122 came with a BD220
(should have been a BD240, i guess the railroad wanted something smaller),
but i transplanted a 304 into it and kept the original T98 four speed
transmission.  eventually that one will get all wheel drive.  the B182 has a
345, power steering, air brakes, 20" Dayton wheels, fullsize fifth wheel,
two-speed rear axle, and five speed transmission...  i've never driven it
but i can't wait to get my hands on it.  the B122 is the most fun i've ever
had with a truck of any kind.  i highly recommend that any IH'er get their
hands on a B series if they can.

the B series is the best of the best from the IH truck lines.  this is,
naturally, just my opinion.  the B series is both the ugliest and the
best-looking of them all.  the cab is confortable despite being spartan and
rugged, with *LOTS* of head and leg room, even under the in-cab heater box
below the passenger side dash.

the usual nickel and grain of salt.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.