Re: [ihc] B model 4x4 in Wyoming cheap (Ebay)

----- Original Message -----
From: "william cunningham" <slypigs@domain.elided>
To: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
Cc: <DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [ihc] B model 4x4 in Wyoming cheap (Ebay)

> Yup, about a 6 pack (of Mt. Dew) away, but that truck probably only gets
> 10 maby 12 telephone poles per gallon.
>
> Willy

I have the travelall version of that truck. With a 304, 4 speed, 4x4, I got
11 mpg pulling a 20 ft flatbed. 1220 miles, 110 gallons of gas. I regularly
get 13 on trips to Phoenix and back, a 4000 ft elevation change in 100
miles.

The B was the first of the light line to get an SV engine. The 266 was
optional in 59, with the 6 cylinder engines (BD, I think) being the stock
offering. In 60, the 266 became the standard offering, and the 6 cylinder
engines became a "delete option." That means "I want something cheaper, so
what are my options?" My 60 had a blown 266 when I found it. The previous
owner abandoned it on the highway, and I followed the tow truck driver into
town, gave him my business card, and told him that if the owners would not
pay the towing and impound fees, he should get a title and give me a call.
326 bucks with tax. The PTO winch has been used successfully on more than
one occasion. With the 114 inch wheel base and a very tall stance (I can not
see the roof of this vehicle, and I'm not exactly short), it's simply a
great vehicle, and a real eye turner.

At that time, the half ton models did not come with 4x4. That changed in the
C series.

Buy it if you can.