Re: [ihc] Towing a scout with a scout? My impressions.

Joel,

For our move to Annapolis I bought a new 20 ft
enclosed Haulmark car hauler.  10,000 GVW, tandem
axles, electric brakes, 3500 lbs empty.  8' x 20' on
the inside, 5000 lb ramp and an extra foot taller than
normal so I can put old tractors in it.  It's Navy
blue to match the F250 and it has acquired the name
"Nimitz" after the aircraft carrier. I was stunned
when I went to pick it up.  Was a bit bigger than I'd
thought.

The brakes are great and the axles / tires are large
enough.

Turns out that renting a truck was so expensive that I
got this trailer for $2500 net over renting the truck.
 I was stuck with the truck renting so I popped for
the difference.  Hell I was hemorraging money so fast
I couldn't keep track of it anyway. I ordered a number
of extras, height, tie downs, E tracks on the sides
(great for furniture), lights, vents, etc.

Pulls great, but I haven't had the Scout in it yet.
I'll get to that at some point.  Meanwhile poor Scout
is sitting in St. Louis and not being driven at all.
Hey Mark... start it up once.

Steve