[ihc] Trusting homework

Jim,
      Actually, I would be inclined to trust them.  When VW is testing new
models, usually about a year or two before they came out with the New
Beetle, the Passat, the TDIs, the new Jetta/Golf and BMW with many of their
car/motorcycle models, they (Chermans) often bring them out this way
(during the summer, it's the closest thing to hell), and they often take a
trip to Death Valley and back just for fun.  Towing?  Well, I can't say
I've seen them towing, but I do see lots of Manufacturers license plates
around these parts, and they seem to be just driving around, in traffic,
and such.  I've wondered if they don't select people to drive their cars
for a while to see what breaks/overheats/burns-out.  I'd love that job in
addition to a daily.

      I'm more inclined to trust them than not, is all.  I've been highly
impressed with the Cherman Enchineering so far.

JoelB

Grammer writes:
The vehicle's so new, and so few people are likely using them to tow with
that I expect you won't find a lot of data yet. Do you trust VW to have
done
their homework?