[ihc] Goofy Diesel Questions

When my internet research fails, I resort to the huge knowledge pool here on
the digest. I have a couple of goofy diesel engine conversion questions (no,
I didn't get hit in the head). First, Does anybody have any experience with
or knowledge of installing a 6.9/7.3 IH/Ford diesel engine into a Scout II ?
Does it have the same bellhousing or is it completely different?
Second, Has anyone ever had any experience with or knowledge of any other
diesel engine conversion into a Scout II ?
I have one more dumb question that I know the answer to, but just can't
remember. Why won't a J*** Dana 300 fit into a Scout II?
Any help on these silly questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jay in Tucson