[ihc] Re: Dave's brakes

Dave
	First thing to check, and the easiest, is your brake pedal linkage. Make
sure everything connected to the pedal is lubricated and moving freely.

	Are all of the brake hoses in good shape? A bad hose can cause a slow
pedal release

	My next guess after that would be that the master cylinder push rod is
just a hair too long. Turn it in about 1/16" and see if that helps.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:19:33 -0400 David Bongo <dbongo@domain.elided>
writes:
> The brake pedal is raising up, but doing so slowly.  What could be
> causing the delay in its rise?  I've got a new
> (well...remanufactured)
> Corvette Master Cylinder, and it's attached to a proportioning valve
> of
> some kind.  (I don't know what vehicle that valve is from, to be
> perfectly honest.)  Could it be that valve is causing the slow rise
> in
> the pedal?  Any ideas?
>
> >>Dave

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!