[ihc] Rhino, Dynamat & Heat

Joel and Tom, thanks for the replies. Joel, you make an excellent point about just applying the Dynamat over the Rhino. And Tom, since you've actually done something similar and have taken heat readings...Let me ask something else.

How much heat comes off of the floor on the truck everywhere EXCEPT the transmission hump and firewall. I'm wondering if Rhinolining the whole truck, and applying Dynamat to the tranny tunnel and firewall would give the desired effect. My perception is that those are the two biggest heat producers. (Number 3 would be the exhaust.) This also means I can try it out with only the Rhino for a while. I guess the questions are:

1. Is my perception correct?

2. Would doing the "partial" Dynamat-ing work, or would it just funnel the heat towards the "unprotected" parts of the floor?

I'd rather avoid the floormats, but it's something I'll keep in mind. Again, it's a weather-related thing. I used to get all kinds of stuff on the carpeting/floor mats in my Cherokee. Whether it was mud or Doggie Deposits. The Herculined Scout cleans up nicer.

I project no wear and tear on the tranny tunnel so "bare" Dynamat should be fine, but if there is wear I can always apply something to cover the Dynamat there (indoor/outdoor carpet, etc.).

I appreciate the help.

Dave