[ihc] RE: Scott's PCV

>Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:21:22 -0400
>From: Scott Machalk <smachalk@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Valley Pan Vacuum port  Was:Weird engine problem - calling
the experts

>At the back of the valley pan (valve tappet cover) there is a (for lack of
>the correct term)  vacuum port. This thing is sucking wind bad.

>Three questions.

>1.  What is this thing called?

PCV grommet

>2.  Where can I get one?

Light Line dealers.

>3.  Can I put a new one in without taking the valley pan and intake
>manifold off?

*Maybe*, but IME they are usually hard as a rock. The likelyhood of the
bottom breaking off as you pull it out is high :( You might want to check
and make sure that you have the right PCV valve is installed(you do have
one, right?). PCV's are normally designed so that they don't flow at idle or
WOT.

Jim