Re: [ihc] Linsets/invoice

A Follow up to my own post.
My KBS7 Boom Truck which started life as an Ohio Power Boom Truck has a
custom crewcab body on an chassie supplied as a flatback cowl.
I have never have been able to find a body builders ID anywhere on the
truck.
This past Saturday I went a  meeting of The Black Swamp Chapter of the ATHS
at one of the members buisness near Celina, Ohio. I was talking to one of
the hosts longtime employees and we got to talking about KB's as the host
has a couple of parts trucks around. I mentioned my boom truck and my lack
of knowledge of the body builder. He question me as if I knew for sure it
was a former Ohio Power truck and I confirmed this. He then tells me he
worked for Ohio Power from 54 to57 as a driver/truck operator and drove a
KB8 with the same body. Ohio Power had them built to their specs at Kent
body in Kent, Ohio. We had a great conversation about the truck with me
learning a lot about how the truck was used and me bringing a lot of
memories back for him as I reminded him of things and asked questions.
I really was great to find somone who had actually used a truck yours when
it was new and knew a lot about it.
It really turned out to be a great day.
Guess you really never know when you are going to run into someone like
this.

David
NW Ohio