[ihc] Linsets/invoice

This past week I had a chance to install a hardwood floor in an 83 year old
gentleman's house. He also happened to be the former cowner of the local IHC
dealership, Schultz Motor sales,  before closing a few years back. I knew
him some then as I had been to the dealership in Tiffin several times before
they closed.
  I own 2 1949 KB7's. One being a dumptruck that still has a Schulz sticker
on the dash. The other being a custom crewcab that I knew was a former Ohio
Power Boom truck. As Ohio power had several sites around here back then I
didn't know where this truck originated from and most county seat had an IHC
dealer then so it could has been from most anywhere.
 I mentioned these trucks to the former dealer and he asked me if I had the
serial numbers because if he had sold them he still had the linesets and
sales order.
So the next morning I gave him the serial numbers knowing that he had sold
one but doubted the that other came from his dealership.
  He called me that night and said he had the records of both and would make
copied and mail to me. I received them 2 days later.
  The KBS7 Dump Truck was  sold to the Tiffin State Hospital (this I already
knew) on October 7 ,1949 for a grand total of $3420 including the federal
excise tax , 3 1/2 yard Galion dump bed and the other extras specified on
the order. The cab is listed as a $200 option, the RH electric wiper was $6,
front tow hooks $6.40, heater-defroster $22, 7 qt. antifreeze $1.68.
 The former Ohio Power Boom truck also a KBS7 but a longer wheelbase was
sold as a flat back cowl and Ohio had the custom bed/body put on it. The
delieverd price for it was $2688.12 including all taxes, freight and
handling charge but less a 15% National Fleet discount. An allowance of
$435.71 was made for a trade in of a 1937 GMC Truck. This was a bid price
deal. It was paid for on August 8, 1949.
  There are more details in the papers he gave me and I am very happy to get
this information for my trucks. This is the type of stuff that usually gets
trashed and lost forever.
Sorry this is so long. Pictures of what these trucks look like today can be
seen at the OLD IHC site at
http://www.oldihc.org/cgi-bin/photopost/index.pl?cat=500&user=16&thumb=1

David
NW Ohio